Fixed Dental Bridges
Tooth loss can occur to several different degrees, ranging from mild (a single lost tooth) to complete (losing all the teeth on one or both dental ridges). Choosing the right dental prosthesis depends largely on the severity of your tooth loss, and for more common mild to moderate cases, a dental bridge is often the preferable solution. A bridge is designed to span the gap in your smile that’s left behind by a lost tooth, or by multiple adjacent teeth. It’s supported by one or a pair of dental crowns, depending on the type and specific location of the bridge. To fully restore your smile, the replacement tooth or teeth (called pontics) and supportive dental crowns are designed to closely resemble your healthy, natural teeth using advanced dental technology and materials.
The benefits of a custom fixed dental bridge
Dental bridges are fixed dental prostheses, meaning once they’re bonded in place, they can’t be removed without help from your prosthodontist. This means your replacement teeth will remain sturdy and durable under the pressure of your bite for years to come, providing several benefits for your smile and oral health, such as:
- Enabling you to eat many of your favorite foods again
- Restoring your ability to enunciate your speech clearly
- Restoring the proper balance in your bite pressure
- Reestablishing the healthy appearance of your smile and facial features
- Preventing tooth migration and problems resulting from the gap in your smile
- Helping you avoid further oral health issues, including more lost teeth
- And much more
Replace your lost tooth with a fixed dental bridge
If you’ve experienced mild or moderate tooth loss, then a fixed dental bridge may provide a durable and lifelike option for rebuilding your smile. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment with us, call the office of Dr. Stuart Dexter in Prairie Village, KS, today at 913-362-8200.