Tooth-Colored Fillings Made from Composite
Tooth decay, the cause behind cavity development, is more common than you might realize. In fact, more than 90% of people will experience it at least once in their lives. Therefore, treating cavities is an important part of general dental care for most patients, and with fillings made from composite resin, it’s often a more convenient and discreet treatment than patients expect. Though fillings used to be most often made from metal amalgam, more patients are choosing the natural and discreet option of composite resin to treat their cavities in a way that doesn’t leave an obvious mark on their teeth.
The benefits of composite fillings
Unlike metal fillings, tooth-colored ones are made from a composite of finely ground acrylic and quartz-like particles. The resin is not only highly biocompatible, but it can also be tinted to match the unique color and shade of any tooth it restores. This creates a cavity treatment and restoration that offers several important benefits for your teeth and oral health, including:
- Maintaining your smile’s healthy, natural appearance
- Eliminating risks to patients with metal allergies
- Bonding better to your natural tooth structure
- Protecting your tooth better against oral bacteria
- Restoring the tooth’s ability to function properly
- Alleviating the chronic pain of your cavity
- Reducing your risks of needing more extensive treatment
- Lowering your chances of losing or having to extract the tooth
- And more
Fill your cavity more discreetly
If you have a cavity, a composite filling may be able to treat it discreetly and effectively. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment with us, call the office of Dr. Stuart Dexter in Prairie Village, KS, today at 913-362-8200.